Friday, January 27, 2006

Am I a dork?

Am I a dork because I got excited about receiving an email from Wendy of Wendyknits? (She responded to a comment I left via email.) Am I a dork because I use the word dork?

I've been spending more time blogging and looking at (mostly knitting) blogs lately and I'm struck by the level of artistic talent out there. I'm referring to the skills that go into not just writing but also designing visually appealing blogs; good (if not great) photography and graphic design, and; fabulous knitting.

Me, well, I'm a dork, remember? I never went to art school. I learned to color within the lines and to draw stick people, trees, and turkeys by outlining my hand. I can appreciate good design when I see it, but I'm damned if I know how to do so myself. I'm not visually clever. I would never refer to myself as artistic at all.

I am in awe of you people!

No comments: