Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Thirty (six) Days in the Hole

When I was in high school in the '80s, I somehow ended up hanging around with the "stoners." (It's a long story that's best saved for another time.) So, I heard a lot of head-banger music and/or music with sly references to drugs. Last week, as I reflected that I haven't had time to update my blog in over a month, the song "Thirty Days in the Hole" popped into my head.

I couldn't remember who performed it, though. I asked Mark if he knew, but I guess that wasn't his type of music (other than the Beatles and some vague sort of "jazz," I still can't figure out what Mark's type of music was when he was younger...but I digress) and he didn't know. Amazingly, I came up with the name Peter Frampton. That was pretty darn close, as I found when I Googled the song name.

The band who originally performed the song was Humble Pie. I'm not clear on whether Peter Frampton was still a member of the band when the song was first recorded or not. Regardless, I stumled across the lyrics and find that the sound is all about highly illegal substances. Please realize it is not my intention to promote such substances by using the song name in the title of my blog entry. Nor is it my intention to criticize you if you prefer to use such substances.

My point is that I am alive and well!

Here's how I've spent the last 30+ days:

  • Work
  • Work
  • Spring gardening stuff
  • Knitting
  • Other home stuff

So, there's been quite a bit going on, just not a lot of blogging about it. More to come, promise...for now, I just need to publish this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aha! You Live! I was starting to wonder...