Thursday, March 15, 2007

Diversions

Seems like every time I think about posting a new blog entry, I end up spending my evening working instead. *sigh*

Anyway, I'm NOT working tonight. *Well, only a little. Just responding to email I couldn't deal with during the day. That doesn't count, you know.*

My lovely Mermaid is not all I was working on the past few months. It's been winter, you know, and I realized a couple months ago that I owned no handknit hats or scarves. !!!! Really, any scarves and hats I've made (and I've made a few...just a few) have been gifts for others such as my neice, nephew, husband, etc.

So, I present here the final photos of my "minor" FOs the past few months:

Green Jacquard socks

At left: a pair of socks (of course) for me. Click the photo for a larger image. There's a bit of a story about the yarn that you can view here.
Wimple




At right: a wimple. I found the pattern here, and worked on it while I was in Mexico. More details about materials, etc. are here.


My so called scarfAt left: a My so-called scarf. Yeah, I succumbed to the temptation, too. Click for extras.


Double thick hat

At right: My comfy, warm hat! Not only was this hat reworked 3 times, but it has a secret!


Below left: the "secret" inner hat to keep my head and ears really warm!


secret of the hat See, I have not had idle hands!


Next Big Thing: I'm heading to New York City with Jamie for the Yarn Harlot's Represent event. We're flying out on an obscenely early flight next Thursday AM, and staying through Sunday. We'll be staying at a hostel so we can save $$ on a room (where we'd spend little time) and have more $ to spend on yarn. (No surprise there, eh?) I'm interested to see how this hostel experience works out since I haven't stayed at a hostel in about 15 years. In addition to the YH's event we'll check out the Radical Lace and Subversive Knitting exhibit at the Museum of Arts & Design. Other than that, we're leaving our plans open for serendipitous happenings.

No comments: