Oh, and somewhere in here I'm going to finish my Lift and Separate sweater (including weaving in the bijillion ends), as well as finish off sock #1 (nearly there...just another inch maybe) and begin sock #2 of the current commuting project pair.
So, here's how I'm spending the holiday weekend.
- Bathe dogs
- Wash shower curtain
- Sort closets, pull out items to donate, pack up, bring to Salvation Army donation center
- Pick up some summer clothes
- Pack up and drop off large recyclables and books [FYI, there is a great recycling center with a free book and magazine exchange near the entrace to the North Park Village Nature Center for those in the area]
- Get haircut and facial
- Plant pots
- Fill out insurance claims
- Prep medical flexible spending claims
- Wash, hang outside to dry/air, and pack away duvet
- Wash living room furniture slip covers and hang outside to dry/air [I have such nice neighbors with clothes lines!]
- Clean gutters [This is for Mark to do, but it's on the list]
- Clean up samaras [Those whirlygigs that fall off the maple trees...those are called samaras. Sounds like a yummy dessert or a nice name for a woman, not a name for annoying, gutter-clogging things, right?]
- Fix hose cart [That's another Mark chore]
- Replant brutally torn out plants in front yard, and generally repair damage caused by city when they ripped up sidewalks and curbs with no warning [Does that sound too bitter?]
- Lay soaker hoses in front yard
- Set up worm bin in basement [Jamie received her worms a couple weeks ago and is willing to share some with me]
Whew! That may be it...for now. Let's just see how much of this actually gets done.