Thursday, March 30, 2006

Techno-slave

Lately I've been a slave to my MP3 player. I've spent a tremendous amount of time learning about how to best use it's features and load it up with podcasts. I spent about 2 hours Sunday night searching Podcast Alley for stuff I wanted to listen to people talk about: knitting, gardening, dogs, environmental stuff, etc. OMG, there's a podcast for nearly everything!

Of course, now that I have the ability to pick and choose exactly what I want to hear, I've also started to load it up with music. I never saw that coming, and now I'm thinking I should have purchased a player with a larger capacity.

I feel like I've finally bridged the MP3 geek gap and can move on. But, I'm now starting to feel a the urge to dabble in podcasting coming on. Help me. I must stop!

On the knitting front, I've been creating and not just destroying. I finished a hat for Mark.
Mark's hat

I've been promising him this hat since Christmas and finally got it finished. Hurray! Who knew a hat could be so difficult? I frogged and re-started this hat about 3 times before the final version.

And look at thissilk scarf in progress I'm making a cute little decorative scarf for myself out of this luscious yarn I picked up at Nina during her sale a few weeks ago. The yarn is Art Yarns Regal Silk, a 100% hand painted silk yarn. The color is noted as #130, but I can't seem to find that color on the site. Maybe this is an older colorway.

I love the softness and sheen of this yarn. It was an indulgance, but I'm worth it, right? I'm knitting it up in a simple lace pattern that will hopefull pop a bit more when I block it. Hmm....I've never blocked 100% silk before...hmmm...the label says dry clean only...hmmm...I'll figure this out.

Jamie seems to like the yarn, too.Jamie with silk yarnMmmm...it does seem good enough to eat!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for the blocking tip!