Thursday, November 02, 2006

From the left coast

A quick entry from San Jose, California where I've been attending a conference for last week. Some things that I've been exposed to this week so far...

- Jeffrey Veen (Google)
- David Weinberger
- David Snowden
- The word "innovation" in many different sessions and contexts
- Red bean smoothies with tapioca pearls

Mark is flying in tonight and we're heading to the coast. We'll start out in Santa Cruz then head on to Big Sur. I'm excited and scared that I'll be driving along Highway 1, perched above the rugged Pacific coast line and hugging a mountain. I hope my fear of plunging to my death from a great height doesn't cause my hands to tremble so much on the steering wheel that the fear becomes a reality.

If we survive the drive to Big Sur, we'll stay there for a few days before heading back up to Monterrey, and then back home. I'm also hoping the weather holds out, because it is getting cloudy here and there is a chance of rain almost every day. I don't want to be slogging through a downpour while hiking around Big Sur.

Geez, I sure can find lots to worry about, can't I?

I'm not sure if I'll be blogging, but as I get Internet access I will be uploading photos to my Flickr account.

Now, on to lunch and final sessions of the conference!

No comments: